Everybody loves a good pizza, but it doesn’t always have to come in the form of triangular slices on a circular pie placed in a square box.
If you want to enjoy your pizza in a new way or if you want to have a unique option for appetizers or snacks for a party, read below. We’ve got some great ideas for easy, tasty pizza snacks that provide a twist on the traditional variety.
Do you have some pita bread lying around in your pantry? You may like to try making your own pizza in a toaster oven to make some personal pizzas for the family! It will come out done before a 20-minute pizza delivery.
- 4 pita flatbreads
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 12 slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, and other toppings of your choice
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of marinara sauce on each pita bread while leaving a small crust around the edge.
- Top each bread with three slices of bread and any meat or toppings you like.
- Place the pita directly on the rack of your toaster oven. Toast for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Garlic Toast Pizzas
Using only a few ingredients you can find at most grocery stores, you can easily make some delicious garlic toast pizzas. It’s so easy to make, but it packs a huge amount of flavor.
- 1 pack frozen garlic Texas toast
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pack (3.5 oz.) sliced turkey or regular pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put garlic Texas toast in a baking pan, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread toast with pizza sauce and top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Turn any cracker, chips, or slice of bread into a delicious treat with a pepperoni pizza dip. It takes minutes to prepare, but it would disappear just as fast once it’s out of your oven! It’s the perfect hot appetizer for a party or a simple get-together.
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- Pepperonis for toppings
- Chips, pita chips, crackers, or bread for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, and oregano. Mix them well.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9” pie pan.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top it with a few pepperonis.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with mozzarella cheese and a few more pepperonis.
- Put it back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, or for about 7-8 more minutes.
- Turn your oven’s broiler and cook the pizza dip for a minute or two to crisp up the pepperonis. Watch carefully to prevent it from burning.
- Sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot with your chips, crackers, or bread.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Looking for a low-carb way to satisfy your pizza cravings? This simple snack or appetizer recipe allows you to skip the usual carb-filled crust while still enjoying the great savory taste of pizza.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni slices (miniature or cut in half)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh basil
- Black olives or mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Put the rack as close as possible to the heating element in the oven.
- Slice the zucchini diagonally into ¼”-thick slices and put them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil zucchini until crisp and tender, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven. Spoon pizza sauce over each zucchini slice.
- Top with cheese and pepperoni. If you are using regular pepperoni, make sure to cut them in half (or even quartered). Add some olives and mushrooms if you like.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about one minute.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Waffles are a yummy breakfast food, but if you place pizza fixings in it, you can surely enjoy them for lunch, dinner, and snacks, too! Simply use pizza dough on a waffle maker, and let the waffle maker do the magic.
- 1 tube of 14 oz. pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- Grease and preheat your waffle maker.
- Slice the pizza dough into 8 equal pieces, then press them flat.
- Once the waffle maker is hot enough, place 4 pieces of dough on the plate.
- Spread a tablespoon of marinara, ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, and 3 slices of pepperoni for each piece of dough.
- Put the 4 remaining pieces of dough on top to seal.
- Cook the dough for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
Homemade pizza rolls are so much fresher than store-bought varieties. The flavor will come just right, and it’s very handy to eat! Make a bulk of pizza rolls to freeze so that you can cook it anytime you’re craving something crunchy and pizza flavor-y.
- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages of sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- 2 jars of pizza sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, pepperoni, peppers, and onion. Stir in the pizza sauce until combined.
- In the center of each egg roll wrapper, put about ¼ cup of filling in the center. Fold the bottom corner over the filling, and then fold the sides towards the center over the filling. Moisten the remaining corner with water, and roll it up tightly to seal.
- In a pan or skillet, heat 1-2 inches of oil to 375 degrees. Fry pizza rolls until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve while hot, with additional pizza sauce on the side if you like.
Mini Pizza Cups
Whether served hot or cold, mini pizza cups are wonderful to taste. Their small cup size makes them an ideal after-school snack, kid-friendly party food, or an appetizer for a grown-up party. It’s also very convenient to make, especially if you have mini muffin baking pans at home.
- 2 tubes refrigerated round crescent rolls
- 1 can of 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. turkey pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Separate tubes of dough into 8 rolls each, then halve the rolls.
- Spray some cooking spray onto the surface mini muffin baking pan. Press the dough to the bottom and up the sides of the mini muffin cups.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle with pepperoni, cheese, onion, and green pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the crusts are browned and the cheese is melted. It will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Making pizza out of bagels is easy – and you can let your kids (if you have any) help you out so you can bond together before dinner time. It will be a delight for both kids and adults alike!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Other toppings like sausage, peppers, mushrooms, ham, olives, etc. (optional)
- Cut your bagels in half.
- Toast the bagels for 5 minutes in an oven toaster at 325 degrees.
- Add sauce evenly around the bagel. Then, top with cheese, pepperoni, and other toppings you would like to add.
- Put it back in the toaster oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let it cool off and enjoy.
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Pizza and grilled cheese are your two favorite foods, and they can perfectly go together! It’s a fun and tasty breakfast food.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices loaf bread
- ¼ cup marinara
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Put the bread in the pan, then top it with marinara. Spread it to coat the slices.
- Top the slice with cheese and pepperoni.
- Cook until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden.
- Close the sandwich and cook until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
Skillet Tortilla Pizza
Craving for an easy, thin-crust pizza? This homemade skillet tortilla pizza will surely satisfy your taste buds. It’s simple to make and so yummy!
- Flour tortillas
- Tomato sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Heat up the tortilla on a cast iron skillet on medium-high to high heat. Place it in the center of the skillet.
- When the tortillas start to puff up or form air bubbles, flip it and turn the heat down to medium-low. Pierce the air bubbles using the tip of the knife or the tines of a fork to deflate them.
- Sprinkle the top with a thin layer of grated mozzarella cheese. Once it’s about halfway melted, spoon a thin layer of tomato sauce. Use the back of the spoon to spread it over the cheese. Then, sprinkle the top with a little more cheese.
- Once the edges of the tortilla are browning, remove the pan from heat. Cover the skillet for about a minute or so to let the cheese melt on top with the residual heat.
- Sprinkle the pizza with freshly sliced basil.
- Remove the pizza from the pan and transfer it to a plate.
- Cut with a pizza cutting wheel or sharp knife, then serve.