Ah, coffee. Who wouldn’t love the tantalizing aroma of it and enjoy its taste and stimulating effects? Many coffee lovers cannot begin to describe their love for coffee. They don’t really think they could make it through the day without an aromatic cup of joe or a heavenly glass of iced coffee.
Especially during the hot summer months, on some days people really crave their favorite caffeine-laced iced beverage. But the idea of being inside a muggy car while driving up to a local coffee shop to get your caffeine fix? It is no fun, for sure.
Fortunately, with all the conveniences we have right now, making a café-style iced coffee at home is entirely possible. We understand your aversion to being in a hot car ride just to go to a local Starbucks and order your iced coffee drink there. Indeed, it makes you feel sweaty and sticky.
Homemade iced coffee is not so complicated to make. It is as delicious as the iced coffee that you order from the cafés — or even better. And most of all, you can adjust and tailor the taste to your liking. If you like it a bit sweeter or a bit fancier, top it with a mountain of whipped cream and drizzle it with chocolate syrup or caramel. What you want to do with your iced coffee is entirely up to you. The possibilities are endless.
Plus, no annoying baristas putting the wrong add-ons or misspelling your name on the cup!
One-jar quick iced coffee
For a quick and basic instant coffee recipe (it’s as basic as it can get, anyway), you must need:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 6 ounces of cold milk
- Combine instant coffee, sugar, and warm water in a sealable jar.
- Cover the jar and shake. Keep on shaking until it’s foamy.
- Pour into a glass full of ice.
- Fill the glass with cold milk.
- Adjust the taste and sweetness when necessary.
- Optional: top with whipped cream or ice cream if preferred.
Easy iced coffee on the go with a coffee concentrate
Do you want your coffee recipe even easier? It’s because there’s a great solution to answer your coffee addiction… we mean, cravings: iced coffee concentrate products.
Store-bought iced coffee concentrates typically come in bottles and are mainly processed through the cold brew method.
How to make iced coffee using a coffee concentrate
All you have to do is to pour any store-bought coffee concentrate into a glass of ice (whether ice cubes or crushed ice, it’s up to you). Stir it, and enjoy! If you want it black, that will be it. Or you can add it with milk and syrup to make your iced coffee sweet and a bit smooth.
Popular coffee chains like Starbucks sell their own cold brew coffee concentrate. It even offers its own at-home coffee recipe: Upside-Down Cold Brew Dalgona Coffee. Here’s the procedure:
- Pour 4 oz of Starbucks Cold Brew Concentrate into a glass over ice.
- Then pour 4 oz of water, then stir.
- In a mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously with a hand whisk (or use an electric hand mixer) until the cream turns light and fluffy like whipped cream
- Layer your whipped cream on top of your iced coffee.
- Optional: add toppings like chocolate or caramel syrup, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, coconut shavings, etc.
What if you’re on the beach or camping in the woods and you’re going to miss all the coffee moments at home?
Don’t fret because Folgers will make your coffee time possible anywhere you go. It has its own coffee concentrate called Folgers Iced Café. It is made of 100% coffee extract and contains only five ingredients (and no sugar preservatives!). The procedure is so simple:
- Just add two squeezes of Folgers Iced Café concentrate to eight ounces of cold milk.
- Then add ice, sugar, or any other sweetener (if preferred), and enjoy!
- Now you have your delicious iced coffee in a jiffy!
Folgers Iced Café comes in cute little (1.62 oz) bottles, making them conveniently portable. With this product, you can make your delicious café-style iced coffee at home, in school, at work, on the beach, or while camping. It comes in four flavors: Original Latte, Vanilla Latte, Hazelnut Latte, and Caramel Macchiato. You can customize the flavors to create your favorite iced coffee deliciousness.