Camping is indeed a popular hobby that allows people to relax, unwind, and decompress from their busy and hectic schedules. While camping, one of the best things that can aid in that relaxation is sipping a soothing cup of delicious tea. Nothing beats waking up in the morning, breathing in the steam from a hot cup of tea while surrounded by a beautiful environment, far from the pollution and noise of the city.
Most of us are used to using fine china and fancy table settings when it comes to teatime. Therefore, you might be wondering how tea can be served in an activity like camping. Well, one thing’s for sure, you don’t need to pack your teapot and fancy cups and saucers in your backpack if you want to enjoy tea while camping. If you want to enjoy a nice cup of tea with your friends and family while enjoying the beautiful nature, you’re in the right place. Today, we’re here to give you some tips on brewing tea while camping.
The Best Accessories to Brew Tea While Camping
The secret in order to brew tea while camping is in the accessories that you will bring. Since you will be leaving your beautiful teapot, teacups, and saucers at home, here are some of the best tea accessories you can bring and how they can help you in brewing tea at camp.
- Tea Bags: Bringing tea bags is one of the easiest ways for you to brew tea while camping. It’s because you just need to soak them in hot water and wait for a few minutes, then you can enjoy a cup of hot tea. This works wherever you go, whether you’re on the top of a mountain or at a remote campsite.
- Small Camping Stove: Bringing a small camping stove is very handy, not just in cooking meals on camp but as well as in brewing tea.You can use it for heating water on any heat-resistant container to steep tea.
- Small Saucepan and Camping Mug: If you do not have a camping stove, no worries because you can still brew tea with the use of a small saucepan and camping mug. All you need to do is to create a good old-fashioned campfire and use the saucepan to heat some water over the fire. Once the water is heated, place your tea bag into the travel mug then pour the hot water over it. Steep the teabag for a few minutes, and enjoy your freshly brewed tea.
- Camping Kettle: If using a saucepan to heat water seems a bit challenging for you, then you can bring a camping kettle instead. A camping kettle can be heated where on a camping stove or over a campfire. It is also much easier to pour hot water on the teabag when you are using a kettle compared to a saucepan.
- Electric Kettle: Another way to brew tea while camping is by using an electric kettle. However, this method can only work for those who are glamping. Meaning, you need to have access to electricity to be able to do this option. If you are glamping in a place with electricity, then you can simply pack a cordless electric kettle thatyou can use to heat some water to the ideal tea-steeping temperature.
- Travel Tea Press: If you enjoy using full tea leaves rather than teabags, it is still possible to do so while camping. All you need to bring is a travel tea press. When you have a tea travel mug, you just need to add two teaspoons of full leaf loose tea into the press then pour some hot water in. Allow the leaves to steep then lower the plunger. After that, you can enjoy a freshly brewed tea on camp.
- Universal Tea Infuser: If you don’t have a travel tea press, a simple travel tumbler that has atea infuser will work fine. But if your travel tumbler does not have a built-in infuser, then you can use a universal tea infuser to prepare tea in any type of container you have in camp.
The Best Teas for Camping
Now that you know the different accessories and ways on how you can brew tea while camping, we are also happy to share with you some of the best teas you can bring for camping. These teas will surely aid in the relaxation you are aiming for.
- Cardamon Cinnamon Herbal Tea: This tea has an earthy and robust aroma, making it a wonderful tea flavor while enjoying nature. It has a spicy-sweet cinnamon flavor mixed with cloves and ginger, creating a fragrant cup of tea. While savoring this gentle herbal infusion, you can close your eyes and listen to the sounds of your surroundings.
- Hot Apple Cider Tea: This tea is very comforting, and you can best drink it at night to keep you warm at camp. This tea contains real apple pieces and a mixture of other spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger, making it great to drink by the campfire.
- The Tea of Inquiry Full-Leaf Green Tea: For loose tea leaves lovers, this is an excellent choice to bring when you go camping. It is a smooth, toasty infusion that is gentle enough to enjoy any time of the day. It has a nutty flavor of fire-roasted rice and fine green tea leaves. You can fill up your thermos for all-day sipping while camping, and as well as for sharing with your friends and family.
If you are a tea lover, then you now know the best ways to be able to enjoy a nice and warm cup of tea even when you are camping in the mountains and in other remote places. Brewing tea while camping is also a way to inspire you and everyone to slow down, take a sip, and appreciate your surroundings, which is what camping is all about. We hope the tips we shared will help you brew the best tea on your next camping trip.