Getting close to mother nature is an amazing way to relax and de-stress. Our lifestyle has become so hectic that we usually do not get time to take breaks daily. Taking time out to plan for road trips, picnics or tours has become necessary in this day and age. It helps one unwind and release some of the stress and worry.
One great way to relax and unwind is going to the beach. We all love trips to the beach. As humans, we all find the sound of waves, the fresh, sea breeze and the sand beneath our feet very relaxing. As much as we love going to the seaside, the packing and preparing for the trip is always a struggle.
Keeping it minimal and carrying just the essentials is a great way to save on time and space. With the busy and hectic schedules these days, people usually do not have much time on their hands.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the must-have items that should not be skipped in your checklist for the beach trip. It will help you in prepping for the trip in no time and make sure you also not skip on the necessary items.
After a day at the beach, one of the most common thing that happens to people is suntan. We all prefer heading to the beach on warm, sunny days. While the sunshine keeps us happy on the beach, it also calls for lots of sunscreen protection. Sunscreens are a must when travelling to the beach. They not just offer protection from the sun, but also prevent the sunburn that we so often regret later.
They come in different SPFs and suitability according to skin. It is wise to pack a sunscreen with a higher SPF than you would normally apply. It would also be ideal if it is waterproof.
We have selected a few sunscreens for you to check out:
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen Body Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 70, Oil-Free and Fast-Absorbing, 6.7 oz
- Sun Bum Original Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion – Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB – Water Resistant & Non-Greasy Protection, SPF 50 – 8 oz. Bottle
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin, Oil-free, Dermatologist-Recommended Mineral-Based Zinc Oxide Formula, 1.7 oz
Swimming is very exhausting, and so is walking on sand. A day at the beach is a lot of exercise for the human body and we all feel the urge to eat immediately after our first dip in the sea. It’s not fun to dip and dive while having nothing to eat.
Packing some food items in your picnic bag is essential! Depending on how long you will be staying at the beach, the portions of snacks should be prepared. Fruits, crisps, nuts, etc. are easy to pack and require no preparation. For more tummy-filling snacks, sandwiches, burgers, wraps or tortillas are a good choice. All food items should be packed in containers that can keep the food as dry as possible.
The snacks and water can be kept in a basic picnic bag.
A few ideas for what snacks to buy and how to pack them:
- Utz Pork Rinds, Original Flavor – Keto Friendly Snack with Zero Carbs per Serving, Light and Airy Chicharrones with the Perfect Amount of Salt, 8 oz. Barrel
- WW Chocolate Marshmallow Puffs – Gluten-free & Kosher, 2 SmartPoints – 2 Boxes (10 Count Total) – Weight Watchers Reimagined
3. Beach Mat:
With all that sand on the beach, a beach mat for sitting and keeping stuff on, is a much-needed item. It will also be useful when you need to lie down and bask in the sun. However, a beach mat must always be lightweight to make it easier to carry around.
Here are some beach mats we picked out for you to give you an idea:
- Angemay Outdoor & Picnic Blanket Extra Large Sand Proof and Waterproof Portable Beach Mat for Camping Hiking Festivals
- WETONG Extra Large Outdoor Waterproof Foldable Picnic Blanket Tote for Family Concerts, Hiking,Beach,Party,Camping on Grass, Sand-proof, Water-Resistant, Handy Picnic Mat Tote 80″ X 58″
- KeShi Sand-Free Beach Blanket, Large Oversized Waterproof Sand Proof Beach Mat, Outdoor Lightweight Portable Picnic Mat for Travel, Camping, Hiking and Music Festivals(82″ X79″)
It is something that one should never omit when heading to the beach. Towels will help you dry yourself after a swim in the sea. Keeping a single pair of towels will keep it minimal and will also serve the purpose.
A few options for beach towels are given below:
- Arkwright California Cabana Striped Oversized Beach Towel Pack of 4, Ringspun Cotton, Double Yarn Strength, Perfect Pool Towel, Beach Towel, Bath Towel (Extra Large 30 x 70 Inch, Grey)
- Your Choice Microfiber Towel Quick Dry Towel Set for Beach, Travel, Swim, Pool, Camping, Outdoors and Sports Towel – Lightweight, Compact and Sand Free (Extra Large XL 67×35, Large 60×30)
5. A Few Fun Games:
For some, swimming might not be what going to the beach is all about. For these people, the attraction might lie in the sand or the sunny weather. It is essential to keep something for everyone’s enjoyment. A bucket and a spade are always a winner for the kids. For grown-ups, even a simple frisbee or a volleyball would be enough to keep them busy the entire day. For people who love reading, keeping a book and reading in the sunny, peaceful environment of the beach may be a way to enjoy the day.
Some fun games for you to take to the beach can be:
- ArtCreativity Rainbow Inflatable Beach Balls – Pack of 12 – Multi-coloured 8 Inch Floating Bouncing Balls
- FunsparksJazzminton Beach – Beach Games for Family and Friends – 2 Paddles, 2 Birdies, 1 Ball and Carry Bag – Wind Birdie Included for Windy Days
Reading through the above-mentioned pointers, you will realize that a trip to the beach need not require a lot of stuff to be carried with you. All the major fun at the beach revolves around the sea. The waves, the sand, and the weather are enough to keep you entertained the entire day. Hence, keep it minimal and basic, and make sure you have an enjoyable day at the beach.