There are so many people who love all things spicy. The nice thing about making your own salsa is you can decide just how spicy you want to make it. Of, if someone in your family doesn’t like things as spicy, you can make a bowl of salsa to suit their tastebuds! With this great salsa, a touch of smoky chipotle pepper adds complexity to classic Southwestern salsa. It is quick, easy, and delicious.
Enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa experience at home!
- 1 15-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained (Fire-roasted, organic is great)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (best to use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced canned chipotle pepper (how to save leftover chipotle peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch red chili flakes (the flavor will become more pronounced as the moisture brings them back to life)
- Place all ingredients in a blender container or bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a jar.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Yield: 16 servings (each 2 tablespoons)
CALORIES 10 / FAT trace / CARBS 2 g / FIBER trace