It’s not your favorite activity, but it’s necessary to maximize your home life and mental health. Not only will your physical area become congested, but so will your thoughts. The health and wellbeing benefits should also be mentioned. A dust-free home is one that is devoid of allergies, pathogens, and other contaminants. Having stated that, we now have a question for you: are you cleaning your home properly? Is there a proper method for cleaning your home?
Here are some tips:
1. Work Wisely, Not Hard
A cordless electric spin scrubber with an extending arm is one of the instruments that aid in her work efficiency. It can be used to clean the entire bathroom with minimal effort. With the extending arm, cleaning large tubs or showers does not require bending over. The grout lines on the floor are simple to clean. Even baseboards can be dusted with the dry scrubber head.
2. Practice Multitasking
Again, a few minutes of cleaning may have a significant impact on the appearance of our homes. While we all need time to relax, there are numerous jobs that can be completed simultaneously:
- While supervising young children in the bathtub or waiting for the tub to fill, clean the bathroom sink, worktops, drawers, and even the toilet.
- While the oven preheats, load or empty the dishwasher, sweep the kitchen floor, clean the countertops, and place leftovers in the refrigerator.
- As you set the table for supper, take a few minutes to prepare a solution of warm water and dishwashing liquid for soaking pans, such as ceramic cookware, to make cleanup easier afterwards.
- If you reside in a two-story home, never ascend or descend the stairs while carrying an item that belongs elsewhere.
- Dust a room while on the telephone.
- Sort through mail clutter while binge-watching your favorite show.
3. Utilize Your Appliances
You have immediate access to many cleaning machines. Engage them in labor:
There are numerous products that can be easily cleaned in the washing machine. By paying attention to the water temperature, you can save a great deal of time.
- The dishwasher is ideal for the majority of trinkets, bath toys, and sports equipment. Simply set them on the top shelf.
- Purchase a robotic vacuum. It is not flawless, but it makes cleaning the entire house easier.
- Allow the blender to clean itself. After each use, fill the container with warm water and a drop of dish soap, then press the blend button. Empty and wash thoroughly.
- Heating water for tea with the microwave? Utilize the steam every time to wipe off the inner walls. No scrubbing is required!
4. Clean from Upper to Lower and Left to Right
Do not begin cleaning a room by wiping the coffee table and then the blinds, only to have the dust from the blinds settle on the coffee table. Start at the ceiling, such as when dusting a ceiling fan, and work your way down to the floor to avoid duplication.
Similarly, cleaning from left to right guarantees that you cover the entire room rather than zigzagging around it.
The majority of individuals notice something and clean it, then they look up and see something else and clean it, causing dirt to fall back onto the surface they just cleaned. If you work from top to bottom and left to right, you won’t be cleaning previously cleaned regions.
5. Dissolve Kitchen Grease
Grease accumulates inexorably on kitchen cupboards, particularly those above or adjacent to the range. You can purchase a cleaner with orange oil to remove grease, or you can use a basic dishwashing detergent with grease-cutting properties. Detergent can remove the oil from the cabinets in the same way it removes grease from plates.
A gallon of warm water should be mixed with one teaspoon of liquid detergent. Using a clean sponge or cloth, test the solution in an inconspicuous area to ensure that it will not damage or discolor the finish. After, use a clean sponge and some warm water to scrub away the grime.
If detergent fails to remove stubborn stains or buildup, mix baking soda with water and carefully clean the affected area with a towel.
6. Regularly do Speed Cleaning
If you really want to spend less time cleaning, you need to clean more often. After you’ve cleaned your house thoroughly, give it a once-over every few weeks. It will keep the house in beautiful condition and keep you from having to clean the equivalent of several months’ worth of mess all at once. Replace catch-up cleaning with maintenance cleaning.
7. Choose Multifunctional Cleaning Products and Tools
Look for cleaners that can be applied to countertops, floors, and walls. There is no need for dozens of expert cleaners to maintain a clean home.
Use dust-trapping microfiber cloths instead of paper towels. Most counters can be polished with a moist microfiber towel instead of a cleaner.
- Invest in a vacuum/mop combination that can handle many types of flooring and debris.
- Use a lint roller to clean lamp shades, collect carpet crumbs, and remove pet hair from furniture.
8. Observe The One-Touch Rule
- When you pick something up, do not set it back down until the issue has been resolved.
- Keep a recycle can by the front door to collect junk mail.
- After wearing your clothes, either hang them up or place them directly in the hamper.
- Dirty dishes must never be placed in the sink. Either place them in the dishwasher or immediately wash them.
- File or discard documents, periodicals, and newspapers immediately after reading them.
- Maintain a donation box in each closet for clothing and other items you no longer need. Discard any unusable items.
9. Always Clean as You Go
As you clean up after supper, you can discard expired items from the refrigerator in less than five minutes. Then, remove the garbage.
After using the shower and bathroom sink, thoroughly scrub them (storing a squeegee and cleaning spray near the shower will make this a natural part of your routine). Every minor chore accomplished contributes to a tidy home and stops you from being overwhelmed.
10. Conquer Clutter
If you don’t need to declutter along the way, cleaning goes much more rapidly. Ensure that each family member has a designated area for personal items. Cubbies, tote bags, and compact laundry baskets all function well and should be routinely emptied. Make it a rule that if the container is full, the owner must discard, give, or find a permanent home for the contents.
Health Advantages of a Clean Home
A clean home offers its owners a multitude of advantages. This includes benefits to one’s physical health, as well as psychological, sanitary, and other benefits. Here’s some:
It Contributes to Better Health
By keeping disease-causing germs at bay and minimizing the likelihood of developing illnesses or diseases, regular house cleaning aids in the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, maintaining hygiene helps prevent the spread of dangerous bacteria. According to specialists, there are less cases of illness in clean houses.
It Stops Allergies
Many of the germs found in homes can be airborne, causing allergies and respiratory conditions such as asthma, rhinitis, and chronic sinusitis. In addition, allergens such as dust mites, pollen, and animal dander can cause nasal congestion, skin infections, a runny nose, watery eyes, cough, and difficulty breathing. In homes that are clean, mold-free, and allergen-free, people often do not experience significant allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
It Increases Productivity
A clean home environment is helpful to the occupants’ health because it prevents them from falling ill frequently, hence preserving their productivity at job, school, etc.
To increase the productivity of family members and yourself, it is necessary to maintain cleanliness at home. Encourage everyone to take personal health seriously and contribute to the cleanliness of the home by completing cleaning tasks.
It Decreases Safety Risks
Clean homes contain less clutter, which makes them safer than unclean ones, because cluttered homes are more prone to safety dangers such as house fires, toppling objects, and tripping-related injuries. In addition, regular cleaning and decluttering reduces the likelihood of hoarded or forgotten chemical products polluting the air in the home, which could be creating a severe respiratory problem in a family member.
It Maintains Your Mental Health
Having a clean area to live enhances mental health since being in a decluttered, and nice house helps the residents to feel less stressed. For a healthier state of mind, it is necessary to maintain a germ-free home and organize your belongings. Some individuals can even find cleaning and organizing to be meditative.
It Keeps Pests Away
Infestations by insects and animals are typical in homes that have been filthy for an extended period. It is one of the reasons why, when people hire cleaning professionals, they also obtain pest control services.
Because they can contaminate food supplies and make living spaces unclean, having pests in your house is unhealthy. Regularly cleaned homes are less likely to be infested by pests; therefore, it is crucial to clean every nook and crevice of the home.
The Home Is Inviting
Who doesn’t enjoy entering a clean home? The hours you spend keeping your house clean are worth it because it looks and feels better. This is true whether you are coming home from work or running an errand. For sociable people who enjoy having many guests around, maintaining a clean home will make it more pleasant and appreciated by visitors.
Cleaning may not be the simplest task, but it doesn’t have to be the most difficult either! You don’t need to exhaust yourself to demonstrate that you’ve done an amazing job of cleaning. The sooner you are through, the faster you clean. You can spend less time cleaning and more time appreciating your clean home if you employ a few time-saving tactics.