Suppose you keep your valuables in your garage attached to your home. In that case, you should opt for a high-quality garage alarm that can keep robbers and intruders out of your home. In this article, we have put together a buying guide that will make it easier for you to understand the different features and benefits of alarm systems and make your buying decision. Let’s get started.
How Do Garage Alarms Work?
A garage alarm is an electronic device that alerts you when someone enters your garage without permission. It does this either through sound or light. The sound could be an alarm or a loud beep that can be heard from inside the house. The lights are usually motion-sensing lights that turn on when someone opens the door to the garage.
Garage alarms can be wired into your existing home security system, or they can work by themselves as standalone devices. Most modern garage alarms are wireless systems that connect to a central monitoring station. This will alert you if there is any suspicious activity.
Advantages of Garage Alarms
Garage alarms are an essential security measure that everyone should have. They can alert you to the presence of intruders, prevent theft, and even detect fires.
Here are some reasons why garage alarms are so useful:
- Garage alarms can alert you when someone is in your garage so that you can take action immediately.
- Garage alarms can help prevent theft by sounding an alarm whenever a door or window is opened. This will scare away most thieves because they don’t want to be caught.
- Garage alarms can also detect fires, which can save lives and property in the long run by allowing people to get out quickly.
- Garage alarms help keep your home safe from intruders who might otherwise break-in by breaking down your garage door. They take advantage of your absence by stealing from you later down the line!
- Garage alarms allow you to keep an eye on things from anywhere at any time. You can monitor your garage from anywhere using your smartphone or computer—no matter where you might be at any given moment!
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Garage Alarm System
If you’re looking to get a garage door alarm system, there are a few factors that you’ll need to consider. Here are a few:
- How many doors do you have? Some systems come with more than one sensor and door control panel, while others only have one or two sensors per system.
- Where will it be installed? Is there any chance you’ll need to move the system at some point? If so, ensure it will work with the area where you want to install it now and in the future.
- What’s your budget? Garage alarms come in a wide range of prices, so you must know how much you can afford before shopping around.
- What is your security level? If your home has been broken into before or if it looks like a target for criminals, you’ll want a more secure system than someone who lives in an area that’s generally safe from crime.
- What kind of sensors do you need? You can get motion and proximity sensors that work in tandem with your system—and they’re easy to install. You’ll also want to consider whether or not you have a large area of space in your garage and if it’s easy for someone to break in through the window or door.
- Do you want remote access? If so, look into whether or not the system allows remote access via a smartphone app or other device (such as Alexa). This makes it easier for homeowners who work out of town or frequently travel to keep tabs on their property while away from home. It also allows seniors to check in on things no matter where they are—without having to put themselves at risk by driving back home just because something seems off!
How to Choose the Right Alarm System According to Your Needs?
Before buying an alarm for your garage, consider your specific needs. A fancy system doesn’t keep you safe. Garage alarms come in many forms. The most common garage alarms are bell-only systems, dialer alarms, wireless alarms, smart home security systems, and security cameras that integrate with other home security measures.
You should also consider whether you want a wired or wireless system. Garage wireless systems use battery-powered sensors and are easy to install without professional help. You can even get additional sensors with some alarms for increased protection. On the other hand, wired alarm systems need wiring running to each sensor and professional help to install them properly.
Types of Garage Alarms
Door and Gate Monitors
These garage alarm system helps to monitor the door and gate movement at your home. It also sends alerts when someone tries to open the door or gate of your house. It is a very good security system to protect your home from intruders.
Motion-Activated Security Cameras
Motion-activated security cameras are a great addition to your home alarm system. Motion-activated security cameras allow you to see what’s happening in and around your garage, even when no one is there. The camera will trigger when it detects movement within its view, which means that you can monitor for intruders or unwanted guests. You’ll also be able to see who’s coming and going from your garage, so you can know if someone has snuck in without your knowledge.
The device has a sensor that detects movement within its range of detection. Sensing motion or an animal within its range sends an alert to your smartphone or other connected devices (like Amazon Alexa or Google Home) or a loud beeping sound.
Vibration-triggered alarms work by sensing vibrations from the opening of a door or window. When this occurs, the device generates an audible alert and sends a signal to your phone or home security system. This lets you know someone has entered or exited your garage or other areas where you’ve installed an alarm. However, you shouldn’t solely on this type of alarm for the garage because even strong wind can set the alarm off.
Where to Buy Garage Alarm Systems?
Garage alarms are one of the most common home security systems and are easy to install. You can pick up a garage door alarm system at any hardware store or online (like Amazon or eBay) and install it yourself in just a few hours. You can rest assured that your vehicle will be safe from thieves and vandals who may attempt to damage or steal your car.
Keeping your home safe from intruders can be difficult, but it’s not impossible if you have the right equipment. All the home security systems we’ve recommended above will be ideal for protecting your garage and home, but choose one that suits your needs and budget.