I got the general idea here, but I tweaked it a little. (By the way…how cute is that blog?! She has the cutest ideas). It was fairly inexpensive project (around $20 I think, and it took about 15 minutes to make). I went to Hobby Lobby to buy canvases & was pleased to see that they had 2 -packs of canvases on sale for $7.99. Good price, right? They were also 30% off. I’m no mathematician but I think that’s just over 10 bucks for 4 medium sized canvases! So I got my canvases and I headed to JoAnn’s for fabric (Hobby Lobby also has fabric, but I browsed their section & it was pretty picked over & I had specific fabrics already in mind for this project). I got a 1/2 yard for each of my fabrics and headed home. I usually buy a 1/2 yard of fabric when I do my quilting because I can get 2 fat quarters out of it…I found in making these wall hangings that a fat quarter would actually work perfectly for the canvas size I bought. Anyways, the only other tools I needed for my project were an iron (the fabric needs to be completely wrinkle free, or else you are not going to be able to take your eyes off of the hideously wrinkled wall hanging above your TV!) & a staple gun. In the tutorial she uses a staple gun to attach the fabric to the canvas, but I don’t own one of those. But I do own a hot glue gun! It worked perfectly. I glued the top & bottom first (make sure you stretch the fabric all the way around to the back of the canvas to glue it so that no unfinished edges are showing). Then I made sure to fold the corners all pretty & neatly, kind of like when you’re wrapping a present. Then I glued the sides & it was done! The blog tutorial also showed how to get all fancy & add some texture to the wall hanging, but I didn’t go that route. You can if you like, but I didn’t have the patience for it & I wanted a quick crafty thing to do for some instant gratification.
*I should also add that after I took these pictures I turned the 2 that were on the outside so that the fabric was going the right way. I made a mistake & cut my fabric a tad too small so that it wouldn’t fit width wise when I first tried doing this. Rather than waste the fabric I decided to just turn it vertically but then my husband noticed that it really should be going the other way. So now they look like this: