Hair clippers have made it possible for us to get that professional salon look without having to shell out a whole lot of money. When looking for a new set of clippers, though, there are many things to consider before making the purchase. These include the motor, length options, adjustable settings, durable guide combs, interchangeable accessories, storage kit, and rounded blades to prevent nicks and scratches, and so much more. To make your buying decision easier, we’ve done a lot of the hard work and picked out the best of the best this year. At the same time, we’ve also managed to keep a tight budget in mind.
These inexpensive and high-performance clippers allow you to cut, trim, and maintain your look, all from the comfort of your own home. The ease of use and many options give you everything the professionals use; the best part is, we can achieve a great look on our own without having to venture outdoors or spend money on a regular basis. Here are some of the best offerings for hair clippers under $50 right now:
This home barber kit from Wahl comes with a 30-piece accessory kit, allowing us to customize the experience as needed. The case it comes in makes this option portable. While people don’t usually need to take their hair clippers on a commute or to other people’s homes (since this isn’t a professional kit), the portable feature is more useful for its compactness. With everything packed away easily, we can rest assured that this kit wouldn’t be taking up too much space.
- Multi-cut clippers with high carbon steel blades
- Two cordless trimmers with interchangeable heads.
- Case for portable option
- Detailed instruction booklet included in the package
- Product is updated frequently, which means that the company behind it is constantly working n improvements.
- Reasonable price, under $50 at present
- Tested on hygienic fibers before packaging
- If the clippers are jostled and moved too much, they can go out of tune, resulting in a loud noise, chattering, or poor cutting performance.
- Not the best from detailing work or for children’s hair
- Fibers might be stuck in the blades of even brand-new clippers
This might be one of the most professional hair clippers on the list. A dial converts the beard trimmer into a hair clipper, this model by Ceenwes has about 38 precision settings that will probably be able to do for most haircut styles. The comb attachment in this model comes with a secure self-locking feature that adds up to the precision of this hair clipper.
One positive aspect of this clipper seems to be its no-pull performance. This tells us that the blade is quite sharp and safe. Plus, we can adjust the cutting height without having to change out any blades. The combination of a beard and hair clipper is also convenient, saving us space and money in one go.
- Beard and hair clipper in one
- Adjustable cutting height
- 38 precision settings for various styles
- Comb attachment with self-locking
- Convenient USB charging with battery backup
- Battery option makes for convenient option while travelling
- No-pull performance with the sharp and safe blade
- Cutting height is adjustable without changing blades
- Solid performance, good enough for a finished trim at home
- No detailed instructions, only sketches and general guidelines
- The trimmer isn’t supposed to get wet, which might be a hassle
With the convenience of being cordless, this hair clipper is ideal for people with fussy kids who move a lot during a haircut. The cordless feature means that you can perform a haircut at home without risking any tangled cords with a squirming child. The color-coded comb attachments are also convenient, as we simply have to remember the color of the attachment we need instead of referring to the manual again and again. Since every attachment is removable, we can keep it clean and well-oiled more easily as well.
The best thing about this inexpensive clipper seems to be the customer service. They even replace parts within a certain time limit, which is good for instilling faith in their customers. The cutting experience also seems to be easy, though it helps to watch a video tutorial beforehand.
- Color-corded attachments
- Cordless design
- Removable attachments
- Color-corded attachments for easy referral
- Cordless feature makes it suitable to cut kids’ hair
- Active customer service
- Easy cutting experience
- Easy cleaning and oiling experience
- Might have to get online help to be comfortable with this clipper
This at-home haircutting kit is an-inclusive one with four different comb attachments for various lengths of hair. It also includes rechargeable hair clippers with a noise reduction feature. Parents who have little kids might require the noiseless feature, as it helps to keep the children calm during a haircut. Some might also need a noiseless motor as much as possible due to their own preference or an unwillingness to disturb others.
For the most part, using this clippers is fairly easy even for beginners. It’s simply to change up the attachments, while the handle provides a good grip. As with any kind of clippers, practice makes perfect.
- Four comb attachments for different hair lengths
- Rechargeable hair clippers
- Noise reduction technology
- silent motor with a pure copper core
- ceramic blade
- Easy to use
- Suitable for kids’ haircuts
- Noise reduction will minimize disturbance for other people in the vicinity.
- lightweight product that we can use for a long time without experiencing arm pain
- Suitable for both men and kids
- Might require some practice before the user gets the hang of it
If you are looking for a hair clipper that allows you to cut your own hair professionally and conveniently, this one is a good option to try out. It is a cordless 5-in-1 grooming kit that can help you trim your beard, head, body, and nose hair quite efficiently. It is equipped with stainless steel blades and USB charging.
We especially appreciate how the body of this clipper is washable. This feature assures a better and more thorough cleaning experience without much risk. The one-year guarantee is also a necessary safety net for buyers who have any issues with the clipper or other parts.
- Water resistant body
- One-year guarantee
- USB charging
- Stainless steel blades
- 5 functions in one device
- Includes a storage cradle
- The washable body makes the clipper easier to keep clean and maintained.
- Product guarantee makes for a better customer experience
- Close shave
- Quiet sound
- Durable battery gives us around 4 or 5 uses on average
- Cradle is convenient for ensuring safety and proper storage
- Relatively lower price than other models with fewer features and attachments
- The guidelines provided aren’t detailed
- Might need some online help to utilize the clipper properly
Buying a hair clipper shouldn’t be a daunting task, but it could be when you’re on a budget and haven’t operated one before. Fortunately, all the options above are good enough for giving yourself haircuts at home and trimming body hair as well.
These under $50 hair clippers aren’t just affordable but also provide fairly decent performance. Invest in the one whose features you like the most, as everyone has different requirements and needs.