With this blood-pressure balancing Orange Cream Smoothie! This is a wonderful breakfast smoothie. The sweet potatoes do double duty by making the smoothie extra sweet and extra creamy! Thanks to their carotenoids, sweet potatoes stabilize blood sugar and lower insulin resistance (a condition that can lead to diabetes), restoring energy and helping women shed up to eight pounds a week! Plus, their beta-carotene and vitamin C help eliminate the free radicals that contribute to heart disease and colon cancer.
- 2 small bananas (preferably frozen; you can cut the bananas into segments before you freeze them)
- 1 fresh orange, peeled, seeded and juiced
- 1 cup milk or soy milk, like Vitasoy
- 1/4 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
Put everything in your blender (like a Vita-mix) and blend till smooth. Yummo and so good for you! Truly you must give this a try.