Peanut butter and chocolate are always a marvelous combination. You really cannot go wrong with this tandem unless you are allergic to one or both of them. In that case, skip this article!
Chocolate chip cookies are one of the classic and versatile cookies. Apart from the classic type, there are many other variants: dark chocolate chip cookies (with the chocolate dough), matcha chocolate chip cookies, M&Ms chocolate chip cookies, S’mores chocolate chip cookies, Reese’s chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate chip cookies, and a lot more.
So, whenever people hear of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, they would ask, “Why that combination?” It’s as if it’s an entirely new flavor. Well, why not? Many people have loved the taste of peanut butter and chocolates together since childhood, or since before they could remember. Have you forgotten about Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups? So, it only makes sense that that the sweet-salty-nutty goodness of the peanut butter and the darkly rich or milky yumminess of chocolate should be rightfully combined in this cookie recipe.
Be sure to make more than a dozen batches because it’s guaranteed to be gone in 24 hours. We’re not kidding when we say that this recipe makes the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever enjoy!
The peanut-y aroma wafting up to the living room will tease their nose and make them follow all the way to the kitchen! This recipe guarantees cookies that are soft and a little bit chewy – not dry or crispy at all. These cookies just kind of melt in your mouth. Once you take the first bite of these mouthwatering cookies, you couldn’t just stop eating them, seriously!
You may use Crisco, either the original or the butter-flavored one, or use actual butter for this recipe.
The flavor is just like a regular peanut butter cookie, but this recipe calls for chocolate chip cookies because, well… who doesn’t love chocolate (again, except those who are allergic to it)? Whether you want to add dark, milk, or white chocolate chip cookies, it’s entirely up to you! You may also add some peanuts or use chunky peanut butter if you like.
- ¾ cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky – your choice)
- ½ cup or 1 stick real butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, softened butter, egg, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla using an electric mixer (or mix them with a regular whisk). Mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed peanut butter mixture gradually while mixing until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Fold the mixture to make sure the chocolate chip cookies are well distributed in the dough.
- Drop by large spoonful onto a cookie sheet and flatten into a criss-cross pattern with a floured fork.
- Bake for seven to eight minutes at 375°F until edges start to slightly turn golden (the cookies may appear a bit underdone in the center – so don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal).
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
These cookies are amazing when warm with a glass of ice-cold milk, a cup of freshly brewed coffee, or tea. With or without the chocolate chips, these cookies will always turn out delicious!