Potato salad is one of those dishes that no two cooks make the same way. For example, if you were to taste barbecues all across the United States, chances are you would come across different forms and taste of it from vinegary to eggy, or even fancy versions of it. The same goes for potato salads, if you were to travel to Germany to Japan, you would find out that potato salads are made with seemingly endless repetitions. It can adapt to local traditions and customs. That is why in this article we are going to list down some of the most famous potato salad recipes that you can give a try.
- Classic Potato Salad – This is the creamy and classic potato salad recipe that is mayonnaise-based and mixed with diced celery and egg. Most people like to eat this perfect potato salad with their barbecue. This is because it tastes even better when you let the runoff barbecue sauce mix with your potato salad. You can check out this classic potato salad recipe if you want to try it out yourself.
- Herbed Potato Salad – if you have grilled meat or sausages in your menu, then we suggest that the herbed potato salad is the best side-dish to match it. The tang in the mixture will help balance out the rich and robust flavors in your grilled meat and sausages. Herbed potato salad is often made with olive oil, parsley, celery, Dijon mustard, and garlic. The best thing about this is it will only take you just 20 minutes to make, including the preparations. Here is a herb potato salad recipe that you can try.
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – if you want to make a more indulgent recipe, then we suggest that you settle with the bacon ranch potato salad. One thing that makes this recipe great is that it uses almost all the potato’s best friend such as, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and of course, bacon. All you have to do is mix the sour cream with ranch dressing, pour it into your boiled and diced potatoes, mix it and top with green onions. If you want to give this recipe a try, you can check it out here.
- Creole Potato Salad – If you’re a little bit indecisive if you want to eat mustard, sour cream, or mayo-based potato salad, then you should give the creole potato salad a try. This is because it uses the three popular bases, which are mixed with different kinds of seasoning that result in a potato salad with a Southern twist. Here’s a creole potato salad recipe that you can try.
- Red Potato and Dill Salad – This potato salad recipe is quite simple but super healthy. The red potato and dill salad use Greek yogurt and whole-grain mustard. After it’s mixed with the boiled potato, it is topped with green onions and fresh dill. As with most potato salad recipes, the red potato salad is best served with their skins intact. If you want to try this healthy salad, here’s the recipe.
- Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad – The mixture of salt and vinegar is not just made for potato chips, you can also mix it with boiled potatoes to make a salad. You can make this as a vegan recipe if you use vegan mayo and olive oil. You should add red onions and radishes if you want your potato salad to have a little crunch in them. This may not be your average potato salad recipe, but it might just become your new favorite. Here’s a salt and vinegar potato salad recipe that you can try.
- German Potato Salad – German dishes might have you thinking of bratwursts and sausages. Still, the German potato salad is made best with bacon. All you have to do is mix the boiled and diced potatoes in chicken stock, vinegar, and mustard dressing then top it all off with fresh herbs. This potato salad recipe will give you a light and decadent eating experience. If you want to give this potato salad a try, here’s a recipe.
- Italian Potato Salad – if you are on a gluten-free diet, but you’re craving for some Italian sub. This recipe is the right one for you. All you have to do is mixed your boiled potato with honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, coarse-ground mustard, and top it all off generously with salami. If you want to give Italian potato salad a try, here’s a recipe we found for you.
- Arugula Pesto Potato Salad – This potato salad recipe contains extra greens thanks to green beans, arugula, and pesto. Keep in mind that it’s okay if you use store-bought pesto, but it will give you a more homecooked meal feels if you made the pesto yourself. This potato salad recipe is great if you use sun-dried tomatoes and red potatoes. If you want to try this scrumptious potato salad, here’s a recipe we found for you.
- Avocado Potato Salad – Let’s admit, avocados are so versatile that you can put them on pretty much any recipes. In this case, it goes perfectly well with this salad to make it a super creamy dish. This recipe uses Dijon mustard, Greek yogurt, and apple cider vinegar as its dressing. This will taste a whole lot special if you put a little bit of chili powder in it. If you want to try this super creamy dish, here’s a recipe that you can try.
If you want to be more experimental when making your potato salad, here are some books and potato salad mixes that we can recommend:
Want more interesting tips such as knowing the list of items that must be on a Cheese Board? We have lots ready for you!