If you’re like many families, you want your meals to be quick and easy, but it has to have lots of flavor! If the food is packed with flavor, you may find you’re less inclined to overeat. It may have to do with being completely satisfied that makes you be willing to push away from the table. This is an awesome quick and easy, 20-minute weeknight meal thats low on fat and high on flavor!
Escape to the islands with this sweet and spicy 5-ingredient paste for chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice, Ground
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Mix the Caribbean Seasoning, onion powder, thyme, allspice and orange juice in a small bowl to make a spice paste.
- Rub the spice paste on both sides of the chicken.
- Broil or grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Fat: 3 g (18% calories from fat)
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 274 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 27 g
Do you have a favorite low fat, island inspired recipe?