One of the essential things when arranging a dinner at home is your tableware, after the food off course. If you have the tastiest of foodstuff but end up serving it in dull and boring dish sets, then the food eventually loses its charm.
On the other hand, the right serve-ware sets the perfect mood for your guests. People would feel compelled to eat when the meal is nicely presented. Therefore, having the appropriate tableware is a necessary household essential if you are into throwing parties, dinners, and having guests over.
First things first, you need to decide the type of material you would prefer for your serve ware. There are a few different basic types which are as follows:
1. Porcelain: Due to high burning temperatures, this material has outstanding durability. Porcelain is a multipurpose material which has a non-porous surface. Often, porcelain made dishware are oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe. This quality makes it easy to use them since you can fill the dish with foodstuff and chuck it into the oven for cooking without any worry.
However, keep an eye on porcelain with metallic accents since such dishware should not be put in the microwave.
2. Bone China: Because of its durability and resistance to chipping, bone china makes a very convenient option for everyday or special occasion servings. Also, it looks exquisite and is super lightweight. Among the various varieties of china, it is known to be most durable and is also microwave and oven safe, unlike fine china.
- Earthenware: One of the most aged industrial material, earthenware dish sets are usually quite hefty. However, such dish sets are high in casual appeal, durability, and value. Moreover, earthenware serving platters need to be kept away from sudden shifts in temperature or extreme heat from the oven or microwave to keep them looking their best.
- Stoneware: These dish sets are glazed with a unique finish, which makes the surface extremely smooth. They are often more durable as compared to earthenware; however, they also need to be kept away from heat or sudden changes in temperature. Stoneware dishes are friendly for everyday use, and designs with hand-paintings may require manual washing rather than through a dishwasher.
- Melamine: Super robust and strong, melamine is ideal for outdoor use. It is hugely break-resistant and shatterproof. Often, these serve ware would be dishwasher safe but would need to be kept away from oven or microwave heat.
Now that we have a brief understanding of the types of materials in dishware, let us give you few options you can look into if you want to buy a basic, all-rounder dish set for your new kitchen!
This beautiful and exotic dish set is owned by Elama and comes in a basic set of 16 pieces. The pack comes in a set of four, which include: four dinner plates, four salad plates, four bowls, and four mugs. It is known as the Mystic Waves collection and comes in a gorgeous ocean blue color with brown accents. If you are into beautifully colored dish sets and always wish to add something unique to your kitchen essentials, this dish set is the perfect fit for you.
This dish set is both microwave and dishwasher safe, which means there will be no hassle of handwashing all the dishes after dinner time. The material of the dishes in this set is stoneware.
This dishware set is also made in stoneware and is manufactured by Pangu. In a pretty light blue color, this 16 piece dish set is dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe. It is durable and free of any toxic materials. It consists of four 11-inch dinner plates, four 8-inch salad plates, four 3.5-inch coffee mugs, and four 7-inch bowls.
One defining feature of this dish set is that each piece is uniquely hand-made in an irregular shape, which makes sure that no two-piece are similar.
If you have children around the house and wish to buy a dish set that is shatterproof and resistant, then this Gibson Woodlands dinner set is the right choice for you. Like we discussed, melamine is a super fall-proof and robust material; hence, this dinner set, made out of melamine, is an appropriate choice for you.
The serving ware has a unique wood-look finish, which also adds a trendy and chic look to the plates and glasses along with it being amicable to use. It is chip and break-resistant and is also BPA free. The set contains four dinner plates, four salad plates, four bowls, and four glasses.
This elegant and classic dinner set is by AmazonBasics and contains 18 pieces. If you are a family of more people and cannot function with a four-piece set, then this is for you. It includes six parts of every dish, which means: six 10.5-inch dinner plates, six 7.5-inch salad plates, and six 5.5-inch eating bowls.
The dish set is made of AB-grade porcelain, which makes it lightweight yet durable for everyday use. The plain yet chic black and white design will coordinate easily with your table and dining room interiors. The dishes are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe. The set has a 1-year limited warranty by AmazonBasics. There are more than ten different designs available for you to choose the one that matches your taste and style.
This Elama dish set has 16 pieces and comes in a beautiful turquoise color. If you love getting unique colored pieces for your kitchenware, then this is your pick. The set has four pieces of dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and tea mugs. The dish set is microwave and dishwasher safe as well.
This dishware is by Safdie& Co. and comes in 16 pieces. It is made of high-quality porcelain, which makes it easier and durable to be used in daily use. It serves four people and has four different types of dishware: dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and mugs. It is also safe to be used in microwave, freezer, and dishwasher.
This exquisite dish set by Gibson contains 16 pieces. It is made of stoneware material with reactive glaze and black accents, which give the dish set a trendy and chic outlook.
It comes in various colors and designs and is a part of the Gibson Soho Lounge collection. It is dishwasher and microwave safe, which means you can easily wash your dishes after a party without any hassle.
Picking the right dish set for your table setting may require a little research to delve into the different types and designs available. However, make sure you have the essential dishware pieces in the set, which will include a dinner plate, salad plates, bowls, and mugs. Happy Shopping!