First dates are usually extremely nerve-wracking. From deciding what to wear to choosing the most appropriate place, first dates are usually a mix of different emotions. Humans have the urge to be perfectionists. We want everything top-notch and want to make sure we make the best first impression. And if that person is extremely close to our heart, the first date has to go all the more perfect.
We, in this article, are going to ease the process of planning that first date for you. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Probably the most important thing in setting up a first date is the selection of the venue. Now, restaurant dinner dates are your safest bet. But they are also a little old fashioned. Why not think something out of the box and plan something that sparks a new interest and also, is a little more relaxing.
First dates are usually about breaking the ice. People are awkward, nervous and shy on the first encounters so a set-up that is more welcoming and relaxing can be helpful. Why not plan a trip to the beach? Or a date at the movies? You can even plan an indoor movie-night setup. Talking about indoors, a backyard BBQ dinner with romantic lights can also win your special friend’s heart.
Setting up a simple yet chic dinner-date setup on your own can be pretty impressive. Using your patio or backyard to create a romantic dinner arrangement is easy on the budget but looks amazing. Let’s look at the few things you would need to create that perfect dinner arrangement for that special one.
1. Table Decor:
Of course, purchasing an entire table set just for a date night sounds a little overboard! You can either use a table that is already at home or just buy a table for two that’s not too expensive! A backyard dinner setup needs to have a table arrangement.
Floor dining tables can also be used as they look uber chic and are the new trend but since it is the first date, it would just get a little too casual and might not feel as comfortable.
Fancy cutlery items are one way of giving that simple table a beautiful look.
Here, we are listing a few of our top-picks of table and cutlery sets that you can use for your first date setup:
- InnFinest 3-Piece Patio Bistro Dining Set – Cast Aluminum Table and Chairs – Outdoor Furniture Tulip Design – with Umbrella Hole – Ergonomic Rust-Resistant – for Porch Backyard Garden Balcony (Black)
- Craft & Kin Flatware Set, Hand-Forged Gold Silverware Set, Classic Heirloom Luxury Gold Flatware | Premium Quality Gold Dipped Pure Stainless Steel Cutlery Set
2. Fairy Lights:
Easy on the pocket and simple to put up, fairy lights are a great way to amp up the backyard. They are going to give the arrangement that romantic feel that would otherwise be lacking. Purchase a few fairy lights and wrap them around the trees, fence or any other alleviated objects in your backyard/garden. At night, fairy lights give the feeling of tiny fireflies which look super pretty.
Here we are listing a few fairy lights options for you to purchase:
- GOVEE USB String Light, 33Ft String Light 100 LEDs 8 Scence Modes 4 Timing Options Waterproof Flexible Fairy Light with Remote Control for Home Patio Party
- Ehome Fairy Lights, LED String Lights Copper Wire Decorative Lights 100 LEDs for Wedding, Bedroom, Patio, Christmas UL588 Approved (33FT)
- Fairy Lights, 66ft 200 LED Outdoor String Lights, Waterproof Battery Operated Copper 8 Lighting Modes
If you have a tree in your backyard then putting up lanterns on it could be an amazing idea to decorate your garden for the date. You could also put them around on the patio to give a soft, beautiful look to the surroundings.
A few ideas for purchasing lanterns are given below:
- MammyGol Vintage Decorative Lanterns with Timer – 9″ Outdoor Candle Lantern with LED Flickering Flameless Candles – Hanging Lanterns for Wedding Party Decoration – Plastic with Bronze Undertones
- TAKE ME Solar Lantern, Outdoor Garden Hanging Lantern – Waterproof LED Flickering Flameless Candle Mission Lights for Outdoor
- Evermore Light 14″ Copper Brushed Vintage Style Candle Lantern with 4 Hours Timer (Batteries Included) Hanging Lantern for Indoor & Outdoor Flameless Candles Decorative-Candles-Lanterns (Set of 2)
A dinner date is incomplete without candles! Candles provide that extra romantic oomph to a simple dinner. Decorate your table with candles that match your arrangements and the setup would look just perfect!
Our top picks for romantic candles are given below:
- Hyoola 12 Pack Tall Metallic Taper Candles – 12 Inch Copper Metallic, Dripless, Unscented Dinner Candle – Paraffin Wax with Cotton Wicks
Fresh flowers add that romantic feel to any simplest of setups. The sweet scents, pretty colors, and designs will give your arrangement a very beautiful outlook. You can decorate your dinner table with them. You can also present your partner with a fresh flower bouquet once they arrive.
Our hot picks for flower arrangements are:
- Benchmark Bouquets Light Pink Roses and White Oriental Lilies, With Vase (Fresh Cut Flowers), 1 Pound
First dates are usually about getting to know each and other and becoming familiar. Spending time while doing things together is a good way to open up to each other and get relaxed in each other’s company.
Putting up a BBQ setup and grilling a tasty dinner can be a fun way to pass time and also open up to each other. You can put up a BBQ setup in your backyard with the dinner table.
Here, we are listing a few BBQ grill ideas that you can purchase:
Since it’s just the first date you don’t need to invest too much into this. We do want to create an impression but we also don’t want to come out as too clingy. Getting a nice little present can give a good impression. Even a small box of candies/chocolates might do.
A list of some products you can buy to present as gifts on your first date:
- Bistro Chocolate Boxed Luxury Selection, Premium Assorted Gift Box, Gourmet Truffles, Natural and Healthy
Making an effort, setting things up on your own for that special someone and giving it that personal feeling is always appreciated and noticed. Putting in work to make that first date stand out and look unique can have an amazing impression on your date partner. They will feel loved and cherished.
So, the next time you schedule a first date, read through our pointers above about how to make that first date experience eventful and memorable for both you and your partner.