Mangos are one an all-time favorite fruits and when mango and spinach are combined in a smoothie, the body’s ability to absorb their antioxidants, particularly lutein and xanthein, TRIPLES!
This is good news since together these nutrients reduce the risk of cataracts by 72 percent and lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) by 67 percent.
How’s that for a smart smoothie breakfast?
Makes 2 Servings:
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 banana, frozen (cut them into chunks before freezing them)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 6 natural almonds
- 1 cup fat-free soy or rice milk
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
Combine everything in a blender (or Vita-mix if you have one) and blend until smooth.
In case you’re worried about the bitterness of the spinach, you won’t even notice it since the delicious, sweet mango and ripe banana are the most powerful flavors in this drink.