Summertime veggies bring a healthy joy to our day, and what better way to enjoy them than grilled. Here is everything you’ll ever need to know about grilled veggies. First, there is a timing chart that is helpful. And, then you’ll find a lip-smackin delicious grilled veggie recipe. Whether you grill your veggies on the barbie (a favorite way for a large number of people) or inside on the stove, theyre sure to be a hit with your family.
Timing Your Grilled Vegetables Like a Pro
From hardy vegetables like broccoli to delicate slices of garden-fresh tomatoes, its hard to coordinate an assortment of perfectly cooked veg. Let this handy guide help you. (Psst! flip the hardiest veggies once about halfway through).
Cauliflower and broccoli florets, broccolini stalks, 1-inch-thick rings of acorn squash
- 10 to 12 Minutes
Whole shallots, bell pepper halves
- 8 to 10 Minutes
Asparagus spears, halved leeks, whole mini peppers, 1-inch-thick slices of zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant
- 5 to 7 Minutes
Whole mushrooms, onion rounds, whole small tomatoes
- 4 Minutes
This is one way to do a quick and easy grill on the barbie.
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 packed tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp chile powder
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups sliced vegetables (such as summer squash, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, safflower, sunflower, or grape seed oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste