We all love going to the beach. As humans, we all find the sound of waves, the fresh sea breeze and the sand beneath our feet very relaxing. As much as we love going to the beach we all struggle with packing and preparing for the trip. The idea is to keep it light but not skipping on the must-have items.
Here is a list of things that are essential when packing for the beach:
Appropriate clothing is what will make the trip to the beach a fun day. While going to the beach, we all prefer bright sunny days which mean lots of sunshine and hot humid weather. A proper swimsuit will let you dive and splash in the sea without the hassle of being overdressed. The idea is to keep yourself as relaxed as possible while enjoying the sea. It’s better to always have a spare one too.
We are a few swimsuits that you can consider for beach trip.
Its flip-flops all the way. It’s best to stay relaxed in flip-flops on the sandy beach. However, when heading back home it’s best to ensure that the footwear is good for driving. It’s ideal to have a pair of canvas shoes packed in your luggage for the ride back home.
Here are a few flip-flops to check out:
- Centipede Demon Women’s Men’s Quick-Dry Water Shoes Summer Barefoot Aqua Sneakers for Beach Swim Surf Diving
We all prefer heading to the beach on warm sunny days and while the sunshine keeps us happy on the beach, it also calls for lots of sun cream protection. Sunscreens are a must when travelling to the beach. They not just offer protection from the sun but also prevent the sunburn that we so often regret later. They come in different SPFs and suitability according to skin. It is wise to pack a sunscreen with a higher SPF than you would normally apply and would be ideal if it is waterproof.
Some top picks for sunscreen are:
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen Body Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 70, Oil-Free and Fast-Absorbing, 6.7 oz
- Sun Bum Original Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion – Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB – Water Resistant & Non-Greasy Protection, SPF 50 – 8 oz. Bottle
4. Waterproof Bag:
The hassle of carrying the load is always a put-off. It’s best to minimize packing while making sure the essentials are not missed. A good waterproof bag would be a savior. A bag that would accommodate most of your things and will also remain dry on the wet sandy beach is all we need. It would be wise to have an entire separate bag for wet clothes later on while travelling back home.
Here we list our best beach waterproof bags:
- OHNC Beach Co. – XL Mesh Beach Bag & Cooler (Soft Sided) – Multi Pocket, Waterproof Pocket – Large Lightweight
It’s no fun to dip and dive while having nothing to munch. A day at the beach is a lot of exercise for the human body and we all feel the urge to eat immediately after our first dip in the sea. Snacks are not to be forgotten. Depending on how long you will be staying at the beach, the portions of snacks should be prepared. Fruits, crisps, nuts, biscuits are easy to pack and require no preparation. For more tummy-filling snacks sandwiches, burgers, wraps or tortillas are good choices. All food items should be packed in containers that can keep the food as dry as possible. Disposable plates, spoons, and glasses are lifesavers.
A few ideas for what snacks to buy and where to pack them:
- Utz Pork Rinds, Original Flavor – Keto Friendly Snack with Zero Carbs per Serving, Light and Airy Chicharrones with the Perfect Amount of Salt, 8 oz. Barrel
6. Beach Mat:
A beach mat lets you keep your belongings on it while you enjoy swimming. However, a beach mat must always be lightweight to make it easy to carry and should be of the material that stays dry and doesn’t get blown off by the wind. A perfect beach mat would make it easy for you to enjoy out of the sea on the sandy beach.
Here are a couple of beach mats to check out:
- Angemay Outdoor & Picnic Blanket Extra Large Sand Proof and Waterproof Portable Beach Mat for Camping Hiking Festivals
- WETONG Extra Large Outdoor Waterproof Foldable Picnic Blanket Tote for Family Concerts, Hiking,Beach,Party,Camping on Grass Sandproof Water-Resistant Handy Picnic Mat Tote 80″ X 58″
- KeShi Sand Free Beach Blanket, Large Oversized Waterproof Sand Proof Beach Mat, Outdoor Lightweight Portable Picnic Mat for Travel, Camping, Hiking and Music Festivals(82″ X79″)
It is something that one should never omit when heading to the beach. Pack towels according to the members going to the beach. It would be a good idea to pack some small sized ones for quick drying of the hands, feet and big ones for the body.
Check out these beach towel ideas:
- Arkwright California Cabana Striped Oversized Beach Towel Pack of 4, Ringspun Cotton Double Yarn Strength, Perfect Pool Towel, Beach Towel, Bath Towel (Extra Large 30 x 70 Inch, Grey)
- Your Choice Microfiber Towel Quick Dry Towel Set for Beach, Travel, Swim, Pool, Camping, Outdoors and Sports Towel – Lightweight, Compact and Sand Free (Extra Large XL 67×35, Large 60×30)
- Microfiber Towel – Beach & Travel (Blue – Large 63×31″) – quick dry, compact for swim, pool, boat,Large (160x80cm)
8. First-Aid Kit:
This is something that might not sound too important but is very much needed especially in a family with kids. Though it depends on the kind of beach you are going to as some rocky beaches can cause cuts and bruises, it is advisable to have the first aid kit on you regardless.
Here are some great first-aid kits that you can take along with you to the picnic:
- DeftGet First Aid Kit – 163 Piece Waterproof Portable Essential Injuries & Red Cross Medical Emergency Equipment Kits: for Car Kitchen Camping Travel Office Sports and Home
- MediKit Deluxe First Aid Kit (115 Items) The Most Essential First Aid Supplies for Home, Sports, Travel, Camping
- Be Smart Get Prepared 125 Piece First Aid Kit – Office, Home, Car, School, Emergency, Survival, Camping, Hunting, and Sports
9. Beach Accessories:
Sun-hats, goggles, beach chairs, etc are a few accessories that one can keep to enjoy their time on the beach to the fullest. If travelling with kids its best to have hats and goggles for them so they stay happy while playing in the sand.
We have listed a few beach accessories that you can carry along in your beach bag:
Swimming is not what’s going to the beach is all about. For many of us, the attraction lies in the sand. A bucket and a spade are always a winner for the kids. For grown-ups, even a simple frisbee or a ball and bat would be enough to keep them busy the whole day. Entertainment is not to be missed on the beach.
Some great beach games to consider:
- ArtCreativity Rainbow Inflatable Beach Balls – Pack of 12 – Multicolored 8 Inch Floating Bouncing Balls
Interactions with Mother Nature can be extremely relaxing for the human brain. Be it going hiking to a mountain top, a picnic at the beach or a dive inside the ocean, it is a therapeutic experience. Taking time out to plan trips with your loved ones and spending some time close to nature will bring the much needed joy and peace in your life.