The onset of this pandemic has skyrocketed the numbers of remote employees worldwide. Many companies, including Twitter, have adopted a work from home policy till the situation resolves. However, this recent development in the corporate sector has been gaining unanimous popularity: it not only lets you social distance amidst a pandemic, but it is also convenient and less expensive.
However, many find it tough to adapt to residential settings for office productivity. There’s a comfort that often makes us lenient and the working process ineffective, reducing productivity.
One effective solution is to replicate office settings at home. Not only will this motivate you, but it will also help rid of distractions at home. So how can you make your comfortable home environment feel like a professional office setting? Let’s have a look at the essentials you need!
Stable Internet Connection
The days of working with dial-up connections are long gone. In today’s world, the internet is a necessity for office work. Therefore, to ensure a smooth work experience from home, sign up for a stable internet connection. A slow and laggy connection will slow up your work progress, making you sit in front of your computer screen longer than you should just because a file isn’t going through or a website isn’t loading fast enough. To avoid this hindrance and annoyance that will also bring down your effectiveness and passion for the project, check out with local service providers today.
Computer: Choose Your Right Fit
Have a piece of equipment that will store all your data and important documents related to your work, and that would be your computer. Invest in one promising, quality computer that will hold in all of your information at incredible speed. Your computer should be according to your workload and category. You don’t need to have the most expensive computer to attain your goal. There are many decent quality computers available in the market that will be within your budget.
We highly recommend going for laptops as they are portable and efficient for work at home.
Office Desk Setup
Now to keep your office accessories on a surface, you will need an office desk setup. Get yourself a reasonably sized one to keep your computer and other supplies on it with ease and substantial distance. The desk will increase your productivity because you will have to sit attentively to execute your work. If you have less space, get creative with counters and flat surfaces.
Make sure you go for the one that sits right in your space. There are multiple varieties out there to choose from: below are some of our top recommendations.
Chair: Comfort is the Key
What do you need to sit at your desk? A chair, of course!
But you don’t want to use just any type of chair: normal ones can cause extreme back pains, especially if you have long working hours. Therefore, it is essential to invest in an office chair. These chairs have a design compatible with hefty working hours. They feature portability, comfort, and back cushions.
Office chairs are available in several types of materials. The best fit for you depends on your requirements. We recommend a mesh office chair because they have good durability, are easy to move around, and are easy to tidy up. They increase your endurance to work, helping you stay attentive and focus right. Our recommendations:
Noise Cancelling Headphones
Work from home is synonymous with lots of distractions at home. Therefore, noise-canceling headphones are a necessity, especially if you live with a family or kids.
You will also need headphones for virtual meetings or professional calls. You surely want to have a clear deliverance or hear what others are saying. You should own good quality headphones. Have an extra one for the rescue if your primary headphones do not function anymore. Keep your headphones in your essentials compartment so you can get them quickly as soon as you need them without having to run to get them. Our recommendations:
Printer & Scanner
Depending on your business’ nature, you might require a printer or a scanner. Even if you have a paperless office, there will be instances where you’d need to print, scan, fax, or make copies of documents. Therefore, unless you’re sure you’d never need one, consider printers and scanners for an ergonomic workstation at home. We highly recommend multipurpose machines. Our recommendations:
A file cabinet is an often overlooked item for work at home. There will be some documents on paper that you need from time to time even if your company aims to be all-digital. The best place to store such documents so you can find them when required is in a well-designed file cabinet. Our recommendation:
You need adequate lighting for a productive and comfortable workstation. A lack of lighting may lead to headaches and eye strain due to squinting. Therefore, have a good desk lamp. You may also set up your office near a window with natural lighting.
Some Tips To Boost Productivity for Work at Home
- Have an organized and clean working station at home. Catching a glimpse of unwanted clutter around the house may make us feel drowsy and not much excited for the day. Therefore, to relax and freshen up your mood on the perfect track to get started on your assignments, dust away all your equipment clean. Have a clean home office area: it will help make your day productive and energized. Also, keep your equipment organized and not congested.
- Set a time for work even if your office doesn’t require one. You can achieve everything when you have a goal and pursue it. When you go to an office job, you wake up at a specific time so you can get ready with enough time to reach your office setting and start your shift. Knowing that you have time limitations helps you stay organized and productive. It makes you more motivated to get up and get started on your responsibilities. Therefore, set a time for work at home to be more productive because your mind will comprehend it no different than an office shift.
- Have all the items at hands reach while working at your home office desk. All your stationery and essentials should be available to you without you having to get up to find them. Getting up suddenly to find an item needed can make you lose focus which is certainly not desired while operating on your work. Put the essentials in your desk drawer or invest in a compartment to store your needed items.
- With your home office, the privacy advantage of doing whatever you want with your setting enters. You can add a plant to your home office to make it look aesthetically pleasing or fresh with a greenery touch. You can also do minimal decorations to make your office space look more attractive, adding excitement to work. You can also set the mood or tone of the room by changing the color of your lights. Colored lighting can do wonders by changing your mood-boosting productivity. Just like how colored tightening can change up your mood, so can paint! Get your walls painted a color that will make you feel relaxed yet enthusiastic. We also recommend scented candles.
- Working without any pauses can be great because the work gets done quickly, but you know what’s even better? Yes, breaks! Take short breaks to get relaxed between long hours of work. Work breaks are just like charging up your phone: they can recharge you with some new energy to get back on your desk for your remaining work. Breaking away from your computer screen can make your stress levels go down and raise your productivity.
So, these are the ways you can make your home office more productive and your work more effective without worrying about you getting vague.
Invest in the items you don’t have and boost your productivity at home today!