Loaded with flavor and just a fraction of the fat, this is a favorite go-to healthy potato salad recipe. Perfect for a picnic or a cookout because it doesn’t contain any mayonnaise that could spoil in the heat. Of course, it also doesn’t have the added fat that mayonnaise-based potato salads have.
Yield: 16 (1/2-cup servings)
Calories: 83 (18.4% fat) Fat: 1.7 g WW Points: 2 pts
- 2 3/4 pounds small new potatoes
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook potatoes in boiling water (enough to cover potatoes) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Combine potatoes and the next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine vinegar and the next 3 ingredients in a small jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the potato mixture and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.